Class 4 Lecture
This workflow example walks through the full process of linking up different tools in order to produce dynamic facade geometry.
Please follow along and build this example as you go.
You can also get the files used in the lecture here:
The proposed workflow:
Kangaroo + Galapagos + Lunchbox + Hummingbird -> Revit + Adaptive Components
- Use Kangaroo to find a shape or form that is desirable based on an initial concept of wind disturbance patterns.
- Use Galapagos to find an instance of the physics simulation and form produced by Kangaroo that is desirable based on “Fitness” metrics.
- Divide the surface up into rational panels for fabrication using Lunchbox.
- Organize the points data and parameter data for export to Revit using Hummingbird. Export the CSV with Hummingbird.
- Build the adaptive component and load it into the Revit project.
- Use Hummingbird Addin to place the adaptive components.
- Update the Adaptive components to utilize the parameters from Grasshopper, and replace them using Hummingbird.